I. NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION
The name of this organization shall be the Odessa Football Booster Club, Inc.
II. OBJECTIVES & FUNCTIONS
The purposes for which this organization was formed:
A. To promote, aid, and provide financial contributions (by way of collecting contributions and donating same) to the Odessa Football Program.
B. This organization was formed exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, including for such puposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (or any of the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue Laws).
C. No part of the earnings of this corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributed to, its members, directors, officers, or other private persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under Section 501 (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, etc.: or (b) by a corporation to which contributions are deductible under Section 170 (2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954.
A. Anyone interested in aiding, improving and supporting the Odessa Football Booster Club is eligible for membership.
B. Voting members consist of all members in good standing with the Odessa Football Booster Club. One vote per membership or household is allowed.
C. A member in good standing is a member who is current on the annual membership dues of $15.00, and who represents the Odessa Football Booster Club with sportmanship, courtesy, and respect at meetings, booster club activities and games. All membership dues are non-refundable and are due and payable no later than September 1 of each year. Disrespect, unsportsmanlike conduct and the use of profanity wll not be tolerated at the above events and can cause termination of membership.
D. Termination of the membership can only be the result of 2/3 affirmation vote in favor of the termination by the Executive Board of the Odessa Football Booster Club within ten days following the termination.
IV. OFFICERS/ EXECUTIVE BOARD
A. The affairs of the corporation will be managed by the Executive Board, which will consist of twelve (12) members. The number and title of the Executive Board will be:
1. President: The President shall be the principal executive officer of the corporation and shall supervise and control all of the business affairs of the corporation, including such duties as presiding at all meetings, communication between the Odessa Football Booster Club and the current Head Coach, Athletic Director, and as necessary to the School Board, signing and authorizing all instruments which the corporation authorizes to be executed, and in general shall perform all duties required of the office of President.
2. 1st Vice President: The 1st Vice President will perform duties that may be assigned by the President or the Executive Board. The 1st Vice President is also responsible for Special Events.
3. 2nd Vice President: The main duties of the 2nd Vice President will be to serve as the Fundraising Chair Person.
4. Secretary: The Secretary shall keep the minutes of any and all meetings of the organization, see that all notices are duly given in accordance with these bylaws, or as required by law, be the custodian of the records of the corporation, keep a register of the post office address of each member, and in general perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary.
5. Treasurer: The Treasurer shall have charge and custody of and be responsible for all funds and/or securities of the corporation, receive/give receipts for money due and payable to the corporation from any source, and deposit all such moneys in the name of the corporation in such banks, trust companies and other depositories as selected by the Executive Board and in general perform all duties incident to the office of Treasurer.
6. Class Representative: There will be one (1) class representative elected from each class. Each representative shall be responsible for communicating information to all of the Odessa Football Booster Club members in their class and assisting the officer to which they are assigned (as indicated below) with their duties as needed.
Senior Class Representative to assist the 1st Vice President
Junior Class Representative to assist the 2nd Vice President
Sophomore Class Representative to assist the Secretary
Freshman Class Representative to assist the Treasurer
7. Membership Chair: The Membership Chair shall be responsible for collecting dues and keeping an up-to-date membership list.
8. Members at Large: These two (2) members will be any other member of the Odessa Football Booster Club and shall be responsible for assisting the Membership Chair person and for communication between the community and the Odessa Football Booster Club.
B. The Executive Board of Officers shall be elected annually by the General Membership by nominations from the floor.
A. Regularly Scheduled Meetings: The Odessa Football Booster Club will choose a "standing" time and place for monthly meetings, which will be at a suitable location within the Odessa R-VII School District.
B. Provisions for Special Meetings: Special meetings may be called by the Executive Board with a majority vote. All members must be given verbal or written notice forty-eight (48) hours in advance of such meetings.
C. If at any time the membership becomes deadlocked on a subject or event and the meeting becomes unruly the President may table the subject or event until the next meeting and call for the Executive Board to have a special meeting to further discuss and research the matter before the next meeting. The Executive Board may then choose to bring the subject or event back to the membership for reconsideration, or to avoid further complications the Executive Board, in the best interest of the membership, may rule on the subject or event.
A. Standing Committees: Standing committees, or permanent committees, will be established when deemed necessary. All standing committees will be appointed by the Executive Board.
B. Special Committees: Special Committees, which are by nature temporary, will be established when needed. All special committees will be appointed by the Executive Board.
C. Committee Reports: All committee reports will be a regular part of the order of business in each monthly meeting.
VII. QUORUM AND VOTING
A. Quorum: A mininum of seven (7) members of the Executive Board must be present to conduct business at any regular scheduled meeting.
B. Voting: The number of votes needed for passage of any Board action will be a simple majority.
VIII. ELECTION OF EXECUTIVE BOARD
A. Nominating procedures are as follows:
1. The Executive Board of Officers shall be elected annually by the General Membership by nominations from the floor.
2. All officers must be members of good standing at the time of election and remain so during the term of office.
3. Only one member per household may hold an office.
B. Election procedures will be as follows:
1. The elections will take palce at the January meeting.
2. The installation of officers will be at the January meeting.
3. The method of election will be by secret ballot vote for all offices.
4. The number of votes required for election will be a simple majority of the General Membership.
IX. CONTRACTS AND MONEYS
A. Twenty-five percent (25%) of all annual membership dues will be put into a scholarship fund to be given to one or more players, depending on the amount collected. The remaining amount is to be deposited in the general fund for newsletters to members and general needs of the program.
B. Any fundraising events must first be presented to and approved by the Odessa Football Booster Club, Head Coach, Odessa High School Athletic Director or his designated represenative, and the Executive Board.
C. The Executive Board may authorize any officer of the corporation to enter into contract(s) on behalf of the corporation pending final approval by the Board.
D. The Executive Board and General Membership must approve expenditures exceeding $250.00 by a majority vote. Expenditures less than $250.00 may be approved by majority vote of the Executive Board with written documentation of the request and receipt, to be presented to the General Membership at the next regular meeting.
E. All checks, drafts, or orders of payment of money, notes and other indebtedness exceeding $500.00 shall be signed by the Treasurer and the President so authorized by the corporation.
F. All moneys raised by the Odessa Football Booster Club must be accounted for and deposited in the general booster club account within thirty (30) days following the fundraising event or immediately following the next scheduled meeting, whichever is earliest.
G. Gift expenditures should not exceed $40.00 for any gift for coach, manager, staff, player or booster club member per year. The senior gift of $25.00 per player would be included in the $40.00 amount for that year.
H. Flower expenditures may not exceed $45.00 per order for funerals. Flowers will be sent for football player's loss of family upon request of the head football coach.
I. All money raised by the Odessa Football Booster Club members in a year's time does not belong to any one class of that year. It belongs to all members and classes and is to be used to enhance the football program this year and years to come.
J. The forwarding balance in the general Odessa Football Booster Club account should be a minimum of $1500.00 or 10% of the amount raised that year, whichever is greater. Other accounts must maintain the balances that they were earmarked for by the majority vote of the General Membership.
K. A yearly audit must be obtained. An audit will be done December 30 annually, thereby providing cleared and approved books for the incoming Treasurer.
X. PROCEDURES AND AMENDING BYLAWS
A. All changes to these bylaws must be presented one (1) month in advance at the general membership meeting.
B. A vote of 2/3 of the Executive Board is required to change these bylaws.
These bylaws were approved and adopted by the following members of the Bylaw Committee:
Keith Fletcher Mike Whited
Kim Fletcher Penny Whited
Stephanie Meierarend Sandy Fender
Rhonda Makings Kristy Harvey
Lora Becker Ron Newton